Updated: July 22, 2016
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to change, modify, add, or delete portions of this Notice at any time. We will provide notice of such changes only by posting the updated Notice on our Web site and changing the “last updated” date listed above. This Notice applies exclusively to your access to, interaction with, and use of, this Web site and does not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you might have with Curiosity Zone for products, services, or otherwise. We encourage you to review our Notice each time you visit our site to see if it has been updated since your last visit.
If you have any questions regarding the use of the Web site, please refer to How to Use This Site or the Help section. All other questions or comments about the Web site should be directed to email@example.com.
User Registration Policies.
- In order to access or use some features of the Web site, you will have to become a registered user. If you are under the age of thirteen, then you are not permitted to register as a user or otherwise submit personal information to ExperimentExchange.com.
- In order to become a registered user, you must provide true, accurate and complete registration information and, if such information changes, promptly update the relevant registration information. During registration, you will create a user name and password (a “Membership”), which may permit you access to certain areas of the Web site not available to non-registered users. You are responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Membership. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs under your Membership, whether or not you have authorized the activity. You agree to notify us immediately at our customer support address firstname.lastname@example.org of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Membership.
- Experiments or other content saved by a member will be public and viewable by all.
Curiosity Zone or its affiliates or licensors solely and exclusively own all rights, title and interest in all web site materials, including, without limitation, the Experiment Exchange logo, design, text, copy, graphics, videos, other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, “Content”).
By submitting, disclosing, or offering any experiment, review, photograph, image, video, “favorites” list, comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, and other information, content or material, or other item (each, a “Submitted Item”) to Curiosity Zone or ExperimentExchange.com, either online or offline and whether or not solicited by Curiosity Zone, you hereby grant to Curiosity Zone an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, display, publicly perform, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, make derivative works of, sublicense, and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit your Submitted Items and all copyright, trade secret, trademark, or other intellectual property rights therein, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed (including but not limited to print, film, or electronic storage devices), and the exclusive right to use, display, publicly perform, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, make derivative works of, sublicense, and otherwise exploit all such materials on commercial websites, without compensation of any kind to you or any third party.
You hereby represent and warrant (a) you have all necessary right, power, and authority to grant the license set forth herein to your Submitted Item, and (b) your Submitted Item does not violate, misappropriate, or infringe any copyright, trade secret, trademark or other intellectual property right of any third party. You will take, at Curiosity Zone’s expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Curiosity Zone to effect, perfect, and confirm the license granted to Curiosity Zone to your Submitted Item as set forth herein.
Publication or use of any Submitted Items is at the sole discretion of Curiosity Zone and Curiosity Zone is under no obligation to publish or use any Submitted Item. If your Submitted Item is published, used and/or posted on the Web site or otherwise used by Curiosity Zone, we may include your name, likeness, photo or biographical information in conjunction with such publication, posting, or use. By submitting, disclosing, or offering a Submitted Item, you hereby grant Curiosity Zone the right to use your name in connection with the publication, use or posting of your Submitted Item. You must include your full name and e-mail address with your Submitted Item so we can contact you if we have any questions about your Submitted Item; however, only your username and not your name or e-mail address will be published with your Submitted Item.
Other than as expressly permitted in these Terms of Service, you may not reproduce, distribute, publish, transmit, modify, create derivative works from, or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials on or available through the web site. When you use the website, you agree to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including, without limitation, copyright law. You may display and print material from this Web site solely for personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact. Any other use of Content, including any commercial use, reproduction for purposes other than described above, modification, distribution, republication, display, or performance, without the prior written permission of Curiosity Zone, is strictly prohibited.
Other prohibited uses include:
- Use of robots, spiders, or any automatic device, or use of any manual process to copy or scrape the web site Content for any purpose without the express written permission of Curiosity Zone. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Curiosity Zone grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials.
- You may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Curiosity Zone trademark, logo, or other proprietary information, including the images found at this Web site, the content of any text, or the layout/design of any page or form contained on any page of the Web site, without Curiosity Zone’s express written consent. Except as noted in these Terms of Service, you are not conveyed any right or license, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, in or under any patent, trademark, copyright, or proprietary right of Curiosity Zone or any third party.
You are granted a limited, nonexclusive, non-sublicensable right to access the Experiment Exchange Application Programming Interface (API) on the terms specified herein. This website, the API and the Content are available for your personal, non-commercial use only. Any other use, including but not limited to any commercial use, reproduction for mass distribution, modification, republication, display, or performance, without the prior written permission of Curiosity Zone, is strictly prohibited. You may not reproduce, distribute, publish, transmit, modify, create derivative works from, or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials available through the API.
We reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the API. Violation of any of these terms or conditions may subject you to legal actions.
You are granted a limited, nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the homepage or experiment home page of this Web site only, provided such link does not portray Curiosity Zone, Experiment Exchange, or any of its products and services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise defamatory manner. This limited right may be revoked at any time.
Third-Party Content & Services.
Curiosity Zone may provide the content of third parties or hyperlinks to third party Web sites (“Third-Party Content”) as a service to those interested in this information. Curiosity Zone does not monitor nor does Curiosity Zone have control over any Third-Party Content. Curiosity Zone does not endorse or adopt any Third-Party Content and can make no guarantee as to its accuracy or completeness. Curiosity Zone does not warrant the accuracy of any information contained on Third-Party Web sites, and undertakes no responsibility to update or review any Third-Party Content. Users use the Third-Party Content and hyperlinks to third party Web sites contained therein at their own risk.
THIS WEB SITE AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON IT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND YOU AGREE USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND/OR ITS CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. CURIOSITY ZONE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. CURIOSITY ZONE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT MATERIALS ON THIS WEB SITE ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR-FREE. CURIOSITY ZONE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THIS WEB SITE OR ITS SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE AND CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
Curiosity Zone reserves the right to change any and all Content contained on this Web site at any time without notice. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, and supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by Curiosity Zone.
Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CURIOSITY ZONE OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEB SITE OR CONTENT CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THIS WEB SITE, EVEN IF CURIOSITY ZONE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above might not apply to you.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Curiosity Zone, its affiliates, and all of their officers, directors, agents, suppliers, and licensors from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use of the Web site or any Materials or Submissions you provide, including, but not limited to, any claim by a third party that any Materials or Submissions infringe or violate such third party’s rights or interests.
Removal and Disclosure.
We reserve the right to, at our sole discretion, remove, take down, destroy or delete any Material and Submissions at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to Material and Submissions, that we deem inappropriate or which we believe might subject us to any liability. We may access, use and disclose transaction information about your use of our Web site, and any Material and Submissions transmitted by you via or in connection with our Web site, to the extent permitted by law, in order to comply with the law (e.g., a lawful subpoena); to initiate, render, bill and collect for our products and services; to protect our rights or property, or to protect users of our Web site from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of our Web site. INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THIS NOTICE OR ANY RELATED POLICY, GUIDELINE OR AGREEMENT, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS BY A THIRD PARTY ON YOUR BEHALF, SHALL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY YOU.
These terms of service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Virginia without regard to its choice of law principles to the contrary. You agree any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms of service shall be filed only in the state and federal courts residing in Loudoun County, Virginia, and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action, or proceeding arising out of this Notice.
Curiosity Zone reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion at any time, to terminate your license to use this Web site, to block or prevent future access to and use of this Web site, and to remove and discard any Material and Submissions.
If any provision of this Notice shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Notice and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Limitation on Liability
ExperimentExchange.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or redemption to be received by ExperimentExchange.com on account of technical problems or traffic congestion online or on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any materials consistent with use of ExperimentExchange.com.
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to Service Provider’s Designated Agent.
Notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
Service Provider: Curiosity Zone Science LLC
Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement: Mary Porter Green
Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should be Sent: 525-K East Market Street #195, Leesburg, VA 20176
Telephone Number of Designated Agent: 1-800-280-0922
Facsimile Number of Designated Agent: 1-800-280-0922
E-Mail Address of Designated Agent: email@example.com
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may give notice of a claim of copyright infringement to our users by means of a general notice on the Web site, electronic mail to a user’s e-mail address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user’s address in our records. Curiosity Zone may, within its sole discretion, terminate authorization of users to its Web site who are repeat infringers.