Write Invisible Love Notes
- Sheet of white printer paper - 2 of this item per student
- Sheet of pink or red construction paper - 1 of this item per student
- Scissors - class set total
- Glue stick - class set total
- White wax crayon - 1 of this item per student
- Highligher or washable marker - 1 of this item per student
Use the white crayon to draw on a sheet of white paper. The writing is hard to see, isn't it? This is camouflage.
Now color over the white drawing with a highlighter or washable marker. The writing is revealed! This is because wherever there is wax, the paper cannot absorb the marker ink.
To make a valentine, cut out a white heart and a slightly larger red or pink construction paper heart. Glue the white heart on top of the colorful heart. Write an invisible message on the white heart using a white crayon. Give it to someone you love on Valentine's Day, then help them reveal it using a marker.